Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Joy

From Sunday (our second full day in Africa):

Today we went to a church service here and it was just fabulous! the worship was so joyful and expressive, so freeing as well. the service was in english (which is actually the national language of Uganda), and there was an element of westernization (power point of all things!), but the music worship was definitely African style. I loved it! I kept thinking of the joy and smiles I saw on the faces of those worshiping around me, and i wondered if we are possibly missing out a bit in America. Here, there is a new depth and meaning to sing about how Christ has saved us, and there is just a sense of genuine gratitude and praise of our King that is based just on who He is and not the circumstances around them. they are praising Him simply because He is good and is worthy of praise. I was blessed to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment