Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Sunday glimpse at the Village





Sundays at the Village have traditionally been days filled with praise, worship, games, laughter and playing and today has been no exception.   The day started with church- well, actually it started for Mom and I with a half-hour strength training workout in which she held her own pretty well…even at her ripe old age J .  Then we had a quick breakfast of an egg sandwich, and then headed the 50 yards across a small field to the all-purpose/church open-air building in which some children had already gathered.  We had a traditionally lively and very African worship time which I have come to enjoy quite immensely.  There still just isn’t anything that quite compares to hearing precious hearts singing “Jesus my Jesus I love you. You came, You died, to set me free.  And now my life I give to You. Jesus my Jesus I love you.”  Dang, tears every time I tell ya!  And for those of you who will be privileged to hear the short video of them singing, be forewarned and prepared with tissues!
Our team led a short skit and message about Abraham/Sarah/Hagar and Ishmael and it was great to be able to encourage the children and remind them that God NEVER leaves them, they are precious to Him and He is faithful to His promises, even when life circumstances may seem to be shouting something opposite. Ahh, we serve SUCH a GOOD God!
The rest of the day has been spent hanging out and playing with the kids.  Mom introduced them to the game of four-square and even spray-painted the court on the ground.  It was so popular that we ended up having to make a second court to accommodate all the kids!  The child pictured with Mom in the picture above with the pink shirt is named Innocent, but let me tell you he is anything but that.  That sneaky little fellow kept trying to get to the front of the line and skip back and forth between courts and “innocently” just happen to be in the front of the line if you weren’t careful to keep your eye on the little bugger!
Anna introduced them to softball which the boy took to quite readily, Donna could be found with a crowd of girls encircling her at all times, and Brit and Zach took time to hang out and engage in a variety of activities with the kids.
I think I can safely say on behalf of the team that today has been wonderful and tiring at the same time and we’ll sleep pretty good tonight!
Thanks for those who have been lifting us up in prayer!  We can definitely feel your prayers and are eager to see how God moves tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment