Thursday, September 23, 2010

Overwhelmed and inadequate

Those are the two feelings that are in the forefront of my brain right now.
Maureen, the nurse, left suddenly and won't be back for three days, so suddenly I'm thrust into the role of the nurse...a job I would normally do with joy and ease back home, but here, it's a whole different world. I'm not familiar with where anything is or even all of the medications that are available and I certainly don't have the availability of the diagnostic testing that I have in the US! Thankfully, Susie is a nursing student who's been here for over a week already and she has some familiarity with where things are but the brunt of the diagnosis and treatment weight is on my shoulders.
Would you join me in praying that our Mighty God would work through this humble and inadequate, yet willing servant? There are precious children who are hurting and in need of medical help and I long to be used to care for them well.
Thank you and blessings to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I know this seems overwhelming right now but God doesn't give you challenges that you cannot handle. You can do this. Where would they be right now if you were not there? Who would Susie go to for help? Perhaps this is why you felt compelled to go back to Uganda in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh hahaha, that is just like God. Man Tanya, you are high maintenance to pray for. ;)

    ReplyDelete