Monday, September 13, 2010

T-minus three days!!!!

Wow, three days until departure back to Uganda!!! Really?!!! Almost seems a bit surreal that almost a whole year has passed since my feet walked on the red dirt of Africa (although I do think that they may finally be clean and free from Ugandan dirt!). So much has happened in my life since then- stuff I never could have scripted even in the most creative and imaginative places of this little brain of mine. Through it all is this theme: God is faithful and His love for us is so beyond our human comprehension.
And so, in His faithfulness, He has allowed me the chance to do what I dreamed about even before I left Africa last year, and that is to go back and spend time with the beautiful children at the Village of Hope. What will we do there? We think we have a vague idea. We've prayed, bought supplies, prepared for what we think we might encounter. But the agenda is not ours to make- that job belongs to Someone much greater... and wiser...than us!
And so I invite you to sit back and enjoy this ride with us. I can't promise it will always be pretty (as I recall the effects of days of "pseudo showers". Although I did make our teammate Bill, the photographer, promise to take only flattering pictures of me- He's gonna do the best he can with the subject material :) ) but it will be an honest reflection....and if I were to wager, I bet it'll be a heck of a lot of fun too! That is how I prefer to roll, you know!
Grace and peace to all of you! And may you be blessed and encouraged when you see what God is doing for the precious orphaned children in Uganda!

No comments:

Post a Comment