Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Dressember day #14- Different roles

Today was work day #3 for me this week.  For the next two weeks, my hubby and I are switching roles.  Due to a work incentive for my company for the next two weeks, we felt it was best for our family for me to work full time and for him to stay home with the boys for the majority of the time.  So far so good.  The house is still intact, and actually as clean as it normally would be (cue my husband saying: I must have cleaned up the kitchen 10 times today!), the boys LOVE daddy time, and it turns out my husband is as good of a cook if not better than me.  Bonus is that we are both now on the same page with healthy, mainly plant-based eating and his suggestions and ideas are amazing!
I'm hopeful that we can both maintain a good attitude while being stretched a little in our different roles for two weeks!

What is not at all different is what I choose to wear every day. I have now saturated any new ideas and am re-living my original outfit creations over and over again. But once again, I realize how fortunate I am to have options to choose from, despite the dress requirement, and how fortunate I am to have options for layering and staying warm in the cold weather, which I hear is going to get even colder in the next few days... brrr!

So this idea of different roles leads me to challenge the readers of this blog..however few there are, to ponder if there is/are different role(s) that God is asking you to step into, whether temporarily or permanently.  Have you asked lately what HE wants for you?  How HE wants you to "care for the widows and orphans" as His Word commands?  I'm not going to list different options for I don't want you to get different ideas from me.  But I would encourage you to ask!

If supporting two organizations who are working hard to free women and children from modern day slavery and sex trafficking, click on the link on my Facebook page.  Every dollar counts, it really does!

No comments:

Post a Comment