Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Dressember days #12 and 13- Joy and Delight


Day #12's blog was postponed due to the train display at the E-town library last night.  My boys were wide-eyed the whole time we were there last evening.  The lights and the sounds and the buttons they could push to make things happen....oh my the joy!
Today was a typical day of work made slightly atypical by my honeymoon summer dress made into a winter outfit :)  The smiles I had all day as I was reminded several times of the delight I felt when I first wore this dress as Mrs Hershey.

The episodes of joy and delight the past two days were admittedly interspersed with moments of trial as my joy was attempted (sometimes successfully) to be stolen by situations similar to challenges trials of the past. The moments in and of themselves were not challenging, just the memories of prior moments.  It was a reminder to me that
1) there really is a battle and and enemy who wants to steal, kill and destroy and will try to do so at any opportunity
2) I desire to be more and more rooted and grounded in Christ so regardless of the situation or temptation of the enemy to draw me away, I remain steadfast in the peace, hope and joy that is offered to me every day as a result of the Cross and Christ's resurection from the grave and defeat of death.
I know it is possible.
The Bible tells me so.  And I'm so grateful to know what I am striving after!

It is also possible for those imprisoned in slavery today to be freed. I can only imagine how the impossibilities of that reality are highlighted every day to those persons.  But the Bible says that NOTHING is impossible with God. Nothing.
And so my prayer today is that the enemy's tactics are thwarted by the power and might of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth who came in the flesh, and that more children and women experience not only earthly freedom, but spiritual freedom from all entanglements and strongholds of the evil one.
Thanks for joining me in this fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment