Sunday, December 4, 2016

Dressember day #4 -Where is your focus?



Today's message is brought to you by focus.  The two pictures above are quite illustrative of the message of today's blog as I sought the Holy Spirit in what/how He wanted me to write today.   First let me say, that the first picture as you may have guessed by now was taken by my sweet always so helpful 3 year old, EJ.  Little Nathanial seemed very interested in holding my hand during this time, so he was included in the picture.  Sensing the likely "un-clarity" of the photo, I asked Daddy to step in and take another photo and of course, my little hams both wanted to be in the photo too, hence the second photo.   And what came to mind is "he will grow in stature and wisdom"...and photography skills :)    Yes, he will grow!  And so will Than (our short nickname for Nathanial).  So where will their focus be?  Likely wherever they've seen Mommy and Daddy's focus, at least initially.  
And so I have some repenting to do, as I want my boys to know the freedom and joy that is received when we repent when we sense correction and conviction.  It's a "little thing", but as my husband and I grow in our understanding, wisdom, power and authority in Christ, we are realizing more and more of how the little things really do matter. 
On yesterday's blog and notification on Facebook, I completely neglected to mention or link the website for Dressember, the whole reason I'm wearing a dress every day this month and blogging every day in the first place.  Was yesterday's blog post real, honest, and had the goal of encouraging it's readers?  Absolutely!  And hopefully it indeed did just that in some way.  But it also neglected the very thing I'm trying to bring awareness of and had a little more of "me" than I intended.  Is it a "big deal"?  Not in the natural, but I was convicted of it last evening and so I wanted to ask all of you reading this to forgive that oversite.  The daily pictures are fun and I hope they make you smile a bit so I will continue to post them.  In addition,   I want to remind you (and ME) of my focus.  
My friend Megan is also doing Dressember and her post on Facebook 2 days ago was one of the things that caused a little conviction in me.  It was simply her daily picture with this written:
"Stat: There are 45 million people enslaved in our world (that is 5 times the population of NYC). Let's end this!"
Yes, let's end this!
Here is the link to donate should you so choose!  Donations go to the International Justice Mission and A21

No comments:

Post a Comment