Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dressember- Day #7- Speaking Life


My personal photographer has not been available the past two days, hence the second selfie of my dress wearing.  
Tonight, I was blessed to have to fun cuddle/snuggle time with my boys.  We have a fun game I invented where I say, "I have a secret to tell you..." and I whisper in their ears something positive about them...and sometimes tickle them in the process. They LO
VE it!  Even little Nathanial was giggling and asking for "more more", and EJ wants me to do it over and over again.  It's a way that I get to speak God's Truth to them over and over again.  I tell them they are loving, they are joyful, they are patient, they are a great big/little brother, they are self-controlled, they are obediant, they are just like Jesus.  Do they always manifest those traits?  Nope. But they get to be reminded of who they really are despite of their choices and behaviors.  
And isn't that how our loving God lavishes His love on us?  He tells us we are pure, and righteous and blameless, that He is well-pleased with us, that we are dearly loved.  How contrary that "feels" soemtimes when the enemy is whispering something that I make an agreement with for a short time.  Good thing it's not about feelings, eh?  The Word of God is the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.  As we begin to believe more and more of His Truth about us, then our behaviors start to line up with that Truth more and more. 
My prayer tonight is this: For those caught in a life of horror and slavery and abuse:  Lord, speak Your Truth to them so loudly that no matter how many times they were told or believed lies, that Your Truth pierces their hearts and they hold on to that Truth piece by piece. Send Your laborers who know You and walk by the power of the Holy Spirit to speak Truth to them, to love them with Your everlasting Love and to miraculously heal through Your Power and Love. 
Amen

1 comment: