Thursday, December 22, 2016

Dressember days up to #22- Apologies



Apologies are in order once again. I'm seemingly having trouble with this whole working full-time and still posting a blog every day.  The first two pictures were taken a few days ago (with a dress on, I promise) and is part of the reason for the no posts for several days.  (Aren't they just the stinkin' cutest?!!).  We are having a lot of fun these days as the boys are a constant source of entertainment and it has also been a time of realization of just how much responsibility God has entrusted us with in the raising of our boys. As my husband remarked this morning, "I just don't want to miss it with the boys!"  Sooooo much of what they see and experience at their young ages shapes their view of authority and ultimately of God, and we realize just how much we need God in order to reflect God!
And while we are not excited about the times that we do "miss it", we are realizing just how God can use that too as we then get the chance to show what repentence and forgiveness looks like and they are given tools to use when they "miss it" too.  At their young age, they don't understand in their head what happens and what strongholds are broken in the spiritual when they repent and ask forgiveness, but I know that their spirits recognize that the "yuckies" are gone when they do!

The forgiveness and faithfulness of the Lord is what gives me hope when I remember the reason I'm wearing a dress every day this month.  When those that are caught in the web of human trafficking and sex slavery are rescued, I believe the Lord is able to redeem and heal them completely.  Today my prayer (and you can join me on this one!) is for God to send His Laborers to those that have been rescued to show them the cleansing and redeeming Love of His Father so that true and complete healing and restoration will occur!

To donate to this cause, click on the link on my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment