Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dressember Days #9, 10 and 11- Options



Occasionally intentions and actual reality differ somewhat.  It's like my friend Erin has said, " I THOUGHT about swimming quite often" when we were training for a triathlon a few years ago.  However the intention and actuality didn't mesh...just thinking about swimming is quite different than actually swimming (the part of the triathlon she didn't like and additionally the only leg of the triathlon that I would come out ahead!).  And just like thinking of swimming, thinking of blogging is very different than actually blogging.  So for my readers, I apologize for the absence of a post for the past 2 days.  There isn't really an excuse - other than I chose to do other things- sleep, pray, cook, snuggle- instead of blog.  I could have stayed up a little later and blogged, sacrificed some of my youngest's nap time to blog, or attempt to blog while my two littles use me their jungle gym.  But I didn't choose that.  The things I chose to do instead weren't actually bad and I actually wasn't just lazy.  (Refer to the middle picture of "dance/worship/flag" night with our boys after we made our homemade "flags" as a craft project).  And I have continued to wear dresses every day, leggings and sweaters and all. 
And it occured to me as I began blogging, that most of us have choices about how we spend our time. Sometimes it doesn't really seem like choices, but they are choices.  We don't HAVE to do the laundry (although smelly clothes would be the resultant consequence).  We don't HAVE to take time to cook healthy food (although unhealthy bodies/fatigue/possibly sick family members would be the resultant consequence).  We don't HAVE to pray (although the consequences of that would be significant in all parts of life!).  Most of us have choices.  However, the reality is that some don't have choices about how they are going to spend their time. They are slaves.  Today.  Women and children who are forced to do unspeakable things day after day without the choice of saying no. Without the choice of freedom. Unless we who do have choices, do something about it. 
Thankfully, in this modern age, doing something is relatively easy. Supporting financially those on the front lines of the battle against human slavery is.  The link is on my Facebook page to to so. And PRAYER which is the most powerful thing to do break down strongholds, is something we can choose at any times. 
Thanks for fighting this battle with me, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about the lack of photographic evidence. You do look quite cozy in your sweater and leggings.

    ReplyDelete